Twisted Root Burger Co.’s Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Twisted Sticks
1 pkg. frozen puff pastry dough (sheet form)
6 large slices of prosciutto
8 oz. chevre
Bunch of fresh thyme or oregano
Fresh-ground black pepper
1. Thaw and roll out pastry sheet to 12 by 12 inches.
2. Place three slices of prosciutto on half of the pastry sheet.
3. Evenly place 4 oz. of goat cheese over the prosciutto, and evenly distribute herbs over the goat cheese.
4. Egg wash the bottom half of the pastry sheet, and fold in half over the prosciutto and goat cheese. Roll out again to 9 by 12 inches.
5. Egg wash again and crack fresh ground pepper all over.
6. Cut ½-inch-wide slices out of entire sheet and twist onto half of the sheet pan covered with wax paper.
7. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
8. Serve in a large glass cup.
Twisted Root Burger Co., 2615 Commerce Street, Deep Ellum (214-741-7668 or twistedrootburger.com).
Photo: Courtesy of Twisted Root Burger Co.