Had your fill of fried chicken and potato salad? Lighten up with a farmers market-inspired recipe from chef Dalis Chea of Herban Feast.
Grilled Wild Salmon with Warm Bing Cherry, Sweet Onion, and Tarragon Chutney
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 Walla Walla sweet onion, sliced
1 tsp. garlic, chopped
1 tbsp. minced ginger root
½ lb. Bing cherries, pitted and halved
¼ c. red wine
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. tarragon leaves
1½ lbs. wild salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions
Salt and pepper to taste
2. Add cherries and cook gently.
3. Deglaze pan with red wine and reduce until cherries are tender.
4. Finish with vinegar, sugar, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
5. Season salmon lightly with salt and pepper and grill.
6. Serve with chutney. And a glass (or two) of rosé.
All thumbs in the kitchen? Have Herban Feast plan a seasonal menu for your next soiree (206-607-8872 or herbanfeast.com).