If you don’t put it up, it’ll just end up in your drink. So keep your champagne garnish free with a pretty New Year’s updo courtesy of Seven stylist Jaclyn Beith.
Decorative headband or barrettes
1. Take a mohawk-size strip from your hair’s center.
2. Divide the strip into four equal-size sections.
3. Lightly hair spray each section and gently back brush to create volume.
4. Smooth the top with a brush and pull all hair back into a low pony at the nape of the neck.
5. Create a loose braid from the pony.
6. Secure a loose band at the bottom of the braid.
7. Hold a small strand of hair from the bottom of the braid while sliding the rest of the hair up along this strand.
8. Tuck strand into hair at nape of neck with a bobby pin.
9. Secure any loose pieces that may fall out around scrunched braid to form a chignon.
10. Make it as messy or prim as you like.
11. Add headbands or clips to create a truly electric slide.
Need a hand? Step to Seven, 600 Pine Street, suite 245 (206-903-1777 or 7salon.com).