With much huffing and puffing, CIA grads Jason Story and Carolina Gomez have spent months curing, brining, and smoking as much meat as their Petworth shop could hold.
Here are six reasons to get your chinny-chin-chin to Three Little Pigs, the husband and wife-to-be’s charcuterie and salumeria, opening today.
1. Globally minded offerings like Italian guanciale, African biltong, Cajun andouille, Spanish and Mexican chorizos, and Moroccan merguez.
2. The beef Skinny Jimmy, hot dogs, and preservative-free pork rinds in fiery flavors like Tabasco make for superior snacks.
3. The couple sources the finest regional produce and honors each animal by maximizing its yield (smoked ham hocks and stocks, duck prosciutto and confit).
4. A revolving menu of sandwiches and house-made sodas — preorder charcuterie platters, tea-smoked chickens, and roast suckling pigs.
5. Tattoo artist Colette Butfiloski’s swine-inspired chalk mural induces squeals.
6. Want to learn to stuff a banger? Sign up online for hands-on lessons ($75 per class).
Three Little Pigs Charcuterie & Salumi, 5111 Georgia Avenue Northwest (202-316-0916 or threelittlepigsdc.com).
Photo: Kate Gibbs for DailyCandy