You blew your summer wad on five-inch stilettos you can’t walk in and a minidress that fully exposes your cellulite. Chin up. Here are ten cheap thrills for less than a ten spot.
1. You might not have a country club membership, but you can still score with a bucket of balls for just $5.50 at the East Potomac Driving Range (972 Ohio Drive SW; 202-554-7660).
2. Box schmox. You can catch a Nationals baseball game (and a tan) with one of the $5 lower outfield tickets (RFK Ticket Office, 2400 East Capitol Street SE; 202-675-6287).
3. A Newport estate isn’t in your future. But a stroll through the city’s Beatrix Jones Farrand gardens at Dumbarton Oaks is $8 worth of enchantment (R and 31st Streets NW; 202-339-6401).
4. Inspired by the above? Cultivate your own garden with a tiny, fragrant $2.49 mint plant from Garden District (1801 14th Street NW; 202-797-9005).
5. It may not be the Riviera, but you can hang by the river wearing vintage shades from Meeps. They’re offering select styles for $10 through the month of July (2104 18th Street NW; 202-265-6546).
6. No need to head to wine country. Sonoma serves up a sweet bulb onion and fingerling potato tart for $9 (223 Pennsylvania Avenue SE; 202-544-8088).
7. Put on the ritz by sipping a Pink Summer cocktail from Degrees Bar & Lounge in The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown (3100 South Street NW; 202-912-4100).
8. No Nantucket for you? No matter. Get a malted shake from Jetties for a cool $4.55 (1609 Foxhall Road NW; 202-965-3663).
9. Don’t drown your sorrows. Sit back and sip Chablis at Bistrot Lepic’s complimentary wine tasting, Tuesday nights, 6-8 p.m. (1736 Wisconsin Avenue NW; 202-333-0111).
10. Finally, pick up a bacon-shaped wallet for $10 from Chocolate Moose and store all the cash you’ve saved (1743 L Street NW; 202-463-0992).
That way, you can keep living high on the hog.