Word on the street is that tens are the new twenties. So rock that Hamilton like you mean it.
1. Good hair is a luxury you can afford. Stop in for a $10 Phyto deep conditioning through the end of the month at One80 Salon.
2. Freestyle rump shakes won’t do you any favors at holiday parties. Get some groove with a free trial class at Azuka-Bom (formerly DC Zumba).
3. There’s something so Mrs. Robinson about meeting a man in a hotel bar. Just go with it at Renaissance Man of the Happy Hour at M Bar, where any drink with a guy’s name on it (Sam Adams, Jose Cuervo) is $4 on weekends.
4. A tight budget doesn’t allow much room for a team of stylists, so keep fashion issues at bay with Minimergency. Available at Bellacara, the $10 purse-size kit contains hair spray, earring backs, breath freshener, and a dozen other helpful items.
5. Money may not grow on trees, but don’t take it out on the shrubbery. Get yourself a Golden Pothos plant, often called a money tree, for a mere $4.95 at Garden District.
6. If life needs a bit of sparkle, waltz over to ZooLights, the National Zoo’s evening holiday lights extravaganza. Tickets are a ten-spot if you stop into a local Giant Supermarket for a $2 off coupon.
7. You may not get to Europe anytime soon, but you can tide yourself over with French milled soap. Lather on some lemon chamomile, rosemary mint, or pure gardenia for $5.99 a pop at Morgan Pharmacy (3001 P Street NW; 202-337-4100).
8. Hungry for more? Pull up to a waterfront view and nab not one but two appetizers for a tenner at Indigo Landing. Options include chicken chimichangas and calamari. If you go Wednesdays, select wines are half priced.
9. If the need for drama (or a musical comedy) strikes, Arena Stage offers a limited number of $10 tickets for patrons ages 30 and under, available each Monday for performances throughout the week.
Now drop and give ’em ten.